Beyond the many attractions and experiences here in Watkins Glen and Schuyler County, you’ll also find plenty of unique events to enjoy year-round. From the Ice Bar in February to Finger Lakes Wine Festival in July; from the Movies on the Lake to the Grand Prix Festival in September – no matter your interest or time of your visit, you will find a festival or fun event where you can kick up your heels and have a great time! Here are just a few of our large, annual events to keep on your radar. View our Public Events Calendar for even more!
- Ice Bar - January 31-February 2, 2019 hosted at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel in February each year, this is a fabulous mid-winter event at which you'll enjoy over 25,000 pounds of ice, carved into bars, sculptures, martini luges, and even a throne for selfies! With a winter wonderland on the patio, you can sip and sample to your heart's content while enjoying a live DJ, spinning great music for dancing. Local wineries, breweries, distilleries, restaurants, cafes, and other food producers are set up inside the ballroom, the perfect place to savor delicious local products.
- Seneca Lake and Wine and Food Festival - May 18, 2019 Celebrating all the best that Seneca Lake has to offer including wine, craft beer, craft spirits, cheese, and so much more! Hosted at Clute Park in late May.
- Waterfront Festival - June 15, 2019 at Seneca Harbor Park. This family-friendly, free event always incorporates the Friday Night Lights light display in the Harbor on Friday night, complete with a food court, live music, and local vendors. On Saturday, the annual Cardboard Boat Regatta sets off in the harbor, where spectators laugh and applaud the bold and adventurous Captains and Crews as they bravely sail their cardboard crafts from launch to finish line.
- Movies on the Lake - held on Wednesdays in July and August at Clute Park in Watkins Glen. Grab your blanket or folding chair, and bring your family to Clute Park to enjoy a movie outside in a beautiful lakefront location! Before the movie, you can explore Clute Park Market, with local artisans, food trucks, and more.
- Night Market - held on Saturdays from June through September at Seneca Harbor Park, this is live music meets farmers market... with a twist! Free admission. Come out to sample and browse local wine, beer, spirits, and other hand-crafted items.
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival - July 12-14 at Watkins Glen International. The Finger Lakes Wine Festival offers the largest showcase of New York State wines with over 80 wineries paired with regional artisans, music and culinary classes.
- Finger Lakes Cheese Festival - July 27, 2019 at Sunset View Creamery. Bringing together the best in Finger Lakes produced cheeses from the members of the Finger Lakes Cheese Alliance as well as the best in homemade jams, jellies, baked goods, peanut butters, vegetables, art and more. Featuring wine, beer and cider tastings, pairings and cooking demos. Live music all day, tons of food for every palate. Add to that the ambiance of the farm, self-guided tours, hay rides, games for the kids and you have a fun, family event!
- Italian American Festival - August 9-11, 2019 at Clute Park. Celebrate the Italian-American heritage that is so rich in Watkins Glen with food tasting and sales, craft and gift marketplace, displays, entertainment, beverages, games of chance, amusement rides and concessions. Plus a fantastic fireworks display on Saturday night.
- Grand Prix Festival - September 6, 2019 in downtown Watkins Glen, celebrating racing history! This street festival boasts vintage cars lining the streets, vendors throughout the event area, live music, and a re-enactment of the original race.
- Falls Harvest Festival - October 5, 2019 in Montour Falls this family-friendly event celebrates the best of fall with pumpkin carving contests, face painting, local food and beverage producers, and more!
- Seneca Film Festival - October 18 - 20, 2019 in Watkins Glen. This festival features screenings, filmmaker panels, and red carpet events!
- Ticket Galaxy Beer Festival - October 26, 2019 at Watkins Glen International. This event features the best in New York State breweries, distilleries, and cideries, with added entertainment including live music, a corn hole tournament, stein-holding competition, and much more.
Deck the Halls on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail - celebrate the arrival of the holiday season with two weekends to choose from: November 22-24 and December 6-8. Each winery offers a wine and food pairing, along with an ornament to decorate your custom grapevine wreath! Tickets sell out quickly, so get yours early!
Village Christmas - December 13, 2019 in downtown Watkins Glen welcomes the holidays to the village with a parade, Santa's arrival, carolers and on-street vendors, and more.