come out + enjoy on the first friday of every month!
Enjoy tastings of local products during this fun (and delicious) event series on the first Friday of every month from 5-8pm in downtown Watkins Glen, sponsored by Elmira Savings Bank. Live music rounds out the experience. Join in the fun! The cost to participate is just $10 and includes a souvenir wine glass. To participate, simply stop by the Visitor Center (214 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen) at the start of the event to purchase an event ticket.
NEXT EVENT - FRIDAY, juLY 6
This month it's an extra-special night with a "Fireworks on Franklin" theme - in honor of Friday on Franklin from5-8pm and 4th of July fireworks at Clute Park later! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and invite your friends and family. Here are our participating businesses and the local love they'll be sharing:
tastings + samples + LOCAL PRODUCTS:
- Famous Brands will feature wine tasting by Fulkerson Winery
- Watkins Glen Wine and Spirits will feature craft spirit sampling by Finger Lakes Distilling
- Franklin Street Art Gallery will feature local artisan cheeses from Sunset View Creamery
- Colonial Pottery and Creamery will feature wine tasting by Idol Ridge Winery
- Inner Peace Floats will feature wine tasting by Barnstormer Winery
- Seneca Signature Scents will feature local crafts by Fleece, Stitch, and Glitz
- The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce featuring locally-roasted coffee by Seneca Sunrise Coffee
Don't forget about our loyalty card for locals! Receive a stamp for each Friday on Franklin that you participate in. Collect 9 stamps and attend the 10th month for free! This event takes place rain or shine (see below for inclement weather policy).
We'll be rockin' out to live music by The Sweats in the courtyard between Glen Mountain Market and GRAFT wine + cider bar (6-8pm). In the event of rain, you'll find the live music at the Chamber Visitor Center.
Special thank you to Elmira Savings Bank for sponsoring Friday on Franklin in 2018!
Inclement Weather Policy: If the temperature is below freezing or if severe weather is predicted (or occurring), we may cancel the event. We want to keep our event vendors and participants safe and sound! We will make a decision regarding cancellation no later than 12pm the day of the event. We will share any cancellation here on our website as well as on our Facebook page. Thank you for understanding!