come out and enjoy on the first friday of every month!
Enjoy tastings of local products during this fun (and delicious) event series on the first Friday of every month from 5-8pm in downtown Watkins Glen, sponsored by Chemung Canal Trust Company. Live music rounds out the experience. Join in the fun! The cost to participate is just $10 and includes a souvenir wine glass. To participate, simply stop by the Visitor Center (214 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen) at the start of the event to purchase an event ticket. This event takes place rain or shine. Don’t let a little rain or cold keep you away. All tastings take place inside our downtown shops and it’s important to get out and support them year-round!
Friday on franklin dates for 2019
tastings + samples + LOCAL PRODUCTS:
The May 3 event kicks off at the Chamber of Commerce (214 N. Franklin Street, Watkins Glen), where you’ll purchase your ticket for $10, receive your tasting glass, and map, indicating participating businesses and the samples you’ll find at each stop.
Special offerings or things happening during the event:
- Inner Peace Floats will host Lakewood Vineyards for wine tastings and sales.
- Famous Brands will host Hector Wine Company and Sweet Bottom Cupcakes and Buns for cupcakes and cinnamon rolls, and Silver Fox Farm for microgreens.
- Fresh Start Watkins Glen will host Oil Me Healthy with sales of Young Living essential oils. They will also be hosting an open mic night.
- Watkins Glen Wine & Spirits will host Finger Lakes Distilling with samples of craft spirits.
- Franklin Street Gallery & Gift Shop will host Highland Chocolates with samples and sale of artisan chocolate.
- Rasa Spa Watkins Glen will host Shtayburne Farms with artisan cheese samples and sales.
- Seneca Signature Scents will be providing samples of popcorn with flavored salts.
Visit every stop to be entered for a chance to win a great prize!
Don't forget about our loyalty card for locals! Receive a stamp for each Friday on Franklin that you participate in. Collect 9 stamps and attend the 10th month for free! This event takes place rain or shine (see below for inclement weather policy).
Sam Swanson of Handsome Young Ladies will be performing 6-8pm in the courtyard between GRAFT and Glen Mountain Market. In the event of rain or cold, you'll find the live music at the Chamber Visitor Center.