come out and enjoy on the first friday of every month!
Enjoy tastings of local products during this fun (and delicious) event series on the first Friday of every month from 5-8pm in downtown Watkins Glen, sponsored by Chemung Canal Trust Company. Live music , or other special experiences, oftentimes rounds out the experience. Join in the fun! To participate, simply stop by the Visitor Center (214 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen) at the start of the event to purchase an event ticket. This event takes place rain or shine. Don’t let a little rain or cold keep you away. All tastings take place inside our downtown shops and it’s important to get out and support them year-round!
Friday on franklin dates for 2019
tastings + samples + LOCAL PRODUCTS:
Shop from local retail businesses and vendors. Participants, members and non-members alike, pay only $5 (temporarily reduced from previous pricing, and a great bargain!) at the Chamber and receive a souvenir tasting glass, wrist band, and map with all the locations.
Join in on the Grand Prix Fun for one of the liveliest nights in downtown Watkins Glen! In between visiting all the Friday on Franklin stops, check out all of the many Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival activities, with the parade taking place at 6:00pm! This event is sponsored by our friends at Chemung Canal Trust Company, and will feature numerous pairings at the various, participating businesses.
Come test your skill and get the fastest time with our vintage-inspired RC cars on our miniature, original 6.6 mile road course at the Chamber Visitor Center! This is open to both Friday on Franklin participants and non-participants. Cost for entry is only $5 per person, but with a purchase of your Friday on Franklin ticket, entry is free! There will be a kid’s bracket (0-15) and an adult bracket (16 and up). Each bracket has the chance to win Grand Prix Festival merchandise!
Visit every stop to be entered for a chance to win a great prize!
Don't forget about our loyalty card for locals! Receive a stamp for each Friday on Franklin that you participate in. Collect 9 stamps and attend the 10th month for free!
Start at the Chamber visitor center (214 N Franklin Street) to get your souvenir tasting glass, wrist band, and a map of all the stops. This event takes place rain or shine!
The following businesses are participating in our September Friday on Franklin event:
• Warren Real Estate will host Miles Wine Cellars for tastings and bottle sales.
• Rasa Spa will host Silver Fox Farms/Sweet Bottom Cupcakes and Buns, offering sales of heirloom vegetables and baked goods.
• Seneca Cheese Company will host Sunset View Creamery, offering artisan cheese tastings and sales.
• Fresh Start- Watkins Glen will host Samantha N Moon Photography, offering information on her photography business and prints for purchase.
• Quest Adventure Gaming will host MWF Designs, offering customizable promotional items, custom engravings, and handmade jewelry and home décor.
• Proper Etiquette Modern Vintage will host Oil Me Healthy, offering sales of Young Living essential oils.
• Seneca Signature Scents will host Earthy Imaginations, offering unique handmade gifts.
• Franklin Street Gallery and Gift Shop will host P’s Macarons, offering tastings and sales of macarons.
• Crystal City Olive Oil will offer samples and sales of their specialty olive oils and balsamic vinegars.
• Watkins Glen Wine & Spirits will host Finger Lakes Distilling for tastings and bottle sales.
This event takes place rain or shine (see below for inclement weather policy).