come out + enjoy on the first friday of every month!
Enjoy tastings of local products during this fun (and delicious) event series on the first Friday of every month from 5-8pm in downtown Watkins Glen, sponsored by Elmira Savings Bank. Live music rounds out the experience. Join in the fun!
The cost to participate is just $10 and includes a souvenir wine glass. To participate, simply stop by the Visitor Center (214 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen) at the start of the event to purchase an event ticket. Samples and tastings change every month but may include wine, beer, spirits, cheese, locally-roasted coffee, gourmet popcorn, and/or local eateries.
NEXT EVENT - FRIDAY, aPRIL 6
Spring is (almost) officially here and we're ready to celebrate with a Spring Fling-themed Friday Franklin on Friday, April 6 from 5-8pm in downtown Watkins Glen! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and invite your friends and family. Here are our participating businesses and the local love they'll be sharing:
tastings + samples + LOCAL PRODUCTS:
- Inner Peace Floats featuring Idol Ridge Winery and From the Earth (organic herbal personal care products)
- Franklin Street Art Gallery featuring Barry Family Cellars
- Watkins Glen Wine & Spirits featuring Lakewood Vineyards
- Colonial Pottery & Creamery featuring Fulkerson Winery and Queen City BasementDesigns (screen printed apparel)
- Village Memorabilia featuring Sunset View Creamery
- Famous Brands featuring Barnstormer Winery and F.L.A.V.O.R Studio and Gallery sellling handmade art and jewelry.
- Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce featuring Seneca Sunrise Coffee; Fleece, Stitch & Glitz (handmade crafts); and Pink Zebra (soy wax products)
Enjoy live music by The Sweats in the courtyard between Glen Mountain Market and GRAFT wine + cider bar (6-8pm). In the event of rain, you'll find them inside of the Chamber Visitor Center.
Special thank you to Elmira Savings Bank for sponsoring Friday on Franklin in 2018!
Inclement Weather Policy: If the temperature is below freezing or if severe weather is predicted (or occurring), we may cancel the event. We want to keep our event vendors and participants safe and sound! We will make a decision regarding cancellation no later than 12pm the day of the event. We will share any cancellation here on our website as well as on our Facebook page. Thank you for understanding!