COVID-19 Updates and Resources
COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Your Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce is working hard to keep you up-to-date during this challenging time. Below is a catalog of resources we believe will be helpful to you and your business/organization. If you’re looking for something you don’t find here, please contact Executive Director Michael J. Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Off the Press:
6/4/2020 Outdoor dining is permitted in Phase 2 of New York Reopening. For more information, visit https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-outdoor-dining-restaurants-will-be-permitted-phase-two-reopening#:~:text=Governor%20Cuomo%20Announces%20Outdoor%20Dining%20at%20Restaurants%20Will,in%20Phase%20Two%20Of%20Reopening&text=Governor%20Andrew%20M.%20Cuomo%20today,in%20phase%20two%20of%20reopening.
6/3/2020 Outdoor, low-risk recreational activities and business are permitted in Phase 2. For more information, visit https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20236-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
5/22/2020 The Governor announced The New York Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF), a new economic recovery loan program aimed at supporting New York State small businesses, nonprofits, and small landlords as they reopen after the COVID-19 outbreak and NYS on PAUSE. For more information, visit https://esd.ny.gov/economic-recovery-covid-19-loans-small-businesses.
5/16/2020 Governor Cuomo Announces Horse Racing Tracks Statewide and Watkins Glen International Racetrack Will be Allowed to Open Without Fans as of June 1st. https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-announces-horse-racing-tracks-statewide-and
5/15/2020 PHASE 1 Businesses, please be sure to read the “Detailed Guidelines” for your industry and provide your digital signature affirming that you have read and understand the document. https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase.
4/26/2020 Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today outlined a phased plan to re-open New York and re-imagine a new normal for the state starting with construction and manufacturing. To learn more, visit https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-outlines-phased-plan-re-open-new-york-starting.
From the Governor’s Office:
- Executive Orders https://www.governor.ny.gov/keywords/executive-order
- Press Room https://www.governor.ny.gov/news
From Empire State Development:
- Essential versus Non-Essential Businesses and Workers – do you have questions in regards to your status? Apply for an essential business designation here: https://esd.ny.gov/content/request-designation-essential-business-purposes-executive-order-2026.
- To learn more about your business category, visit https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
- ESD Resources for Business https://esd.ny.gov/esd-covid-19-related-resources
From the Center For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The CDC has issued re-opening guidance and a plan entitled “Opening Up America Again”. Please follow this guidance as you plan to open your business. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/reopen-guidance.html
From the Small Business Association (SBA):
- To apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), visit https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19.
- To learn more about the Payroll Protection Program, visit https://https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf.
- To apply for a PPP loan, contact your financial institution today
- For questions to SBA, contact their offices at (315) 471-9393.
Your Reopening Plan:
PHASE 1 Businesses, please be sure to read the “Detailed Guidelines” for your industry and provide your digital signature affirming that you have read and understand the document. https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase
Here are some samples that can guide you through the process of creating your Reopening Plan.
- CDC and OSHA Guidelines - please visit https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf.
- National Restaurant Association Reopening Guidelines – please click here.
- Brewer’s Association Guide – please click here.
- Guide to Reopening Your Workforce – please click here.
Need Masks? The Chamber will be distributing masks to Schuyler County businesses during the hours of 10am and 2pm on Mondays and noon and 4pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. To arrange pickup, please call 607-535-4300.
Need window signage? The Chamber can provide your business with window signage as long as your Reopening Plan is complete. Please call 607-535-4300 for more information.
- Inspire FLX Visit the Chamber’s Facebook Page to watch stories of local heroism unfold. https://www.facebook.com/inspireflx/. To make a nomination, visit https://www.inspireflx.com/.
- FLX To Go Visit the Chamber’s FLX To Go Facebook page to stay up to date on local offerings https://www.facebook.com/flxtogo/
- Seneca Lake Wine Trail For a list of Seneca Lake wineries and their responses/offerings https://senecalakewine.com/.
- Schuyler County Partnership for Economic Development https://flxgateway.com/covid-19-corona-virus-information/
- Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes Mini-grants are available now http://www.communityfund.org/
- FLX Gateway Community Development Corporation Together with Lucky Hare Brewing, a fund has been set up to assist our hospitality professionals who live and work in Schuyler County. To learn how you can help, visit https://www.facebook.com/flxgatewaycdc/.
- Marketing During a Crisis – Brittany Gibson, Executive Director of the Seneca Lake Wine Trail shares her thoughts here
- 5 Steps to Reopen Your Business https://www.fisherphillips.com/resources-alerts-5-steps-to-reopen-your-workplace-according
- How To Properly Wash Your Hands https://cnaclassesnearme.com/how-to-properly-wash-your-hands/
Human Resources Support:
- NYS Department of Labor Updates https://dol.ny.gov/
- Matthew Burr Consulting is available to answer your questions! Visit http://Burrconsultingllc.com to learn more.
- Learn how your business can take advantage of the Shared Work Program! This information will be very valuable as you plan to re-open your business https://dol.ny.gov/shared-work-program-0
- Mengel, Metzger, and Barr - visit their website for what you need to know about maintaining the financial health of your business during this crisis. https://mengelmetzgerbarr.com/Resources/COVID-19-Resources
- Department of Health https://www.schuylercounty.us/166/Public-Health
- Schuyler Hospital https://cayugahealthsystem.org/how-to-help/
- Cayuga Medial https://cayugahealthsystem.org/how-to-help/
- Arnot Health http://www.arnothealth.org/coronavirus-resources
- Medicare Advantage Support https://www.medicareadvantage.com/resources/senior-guide-to-mental-health-during-covid-19
- Testing Information: Schuyler Hospital is offering testing for Schuyler County residents and essential works on Monday and Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons, by appointment only. For more information, please click here. SH COVID Testing Release V5 5-18-20
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are self-employed and independent contractors eligible for unemployment benefits?
Q: How can I sign up for Coronavirus Updates from Governor Cuomo’s office?
A: Sign up for email updates from New York State with critical information on the Coronavirus Pandemic: https://now.ny.gov/page/s/coronavirus-updates
Q: Where do I ask business-related questions that the Chamber team can’t assist with?
A: Empire State Development has a new, easy to use online form for COVID-19-Related Business questions. https://esd.ny.gov/covid-19-help
Q: Are there seminars/conference calls that I can take part in to educate myself on my personal and business needs?
A: Yes, please like the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page for that information. https://www.facebook.com/watkinsglenareachamberofcommerce/